The Guardians of Kandrakar are a group of magical warriors chosen to protect Kandrakar, the center of the universe. Each Guardian rules over one the basic natural elements of Water, Fire, Earth, and Air. The leader rules over Energy or Quintessence, and controls the Heart of Kandrakar, the magical pendant that allows the Guardians to transform into their superhero alter egos by channeling the power of the Aurameres.
When the Guardians transform, their appearance is similar to that of fairies. However, except the Guardian of Air, they could not fly, despite having wings. In the TV series, all five guardians could fly, though the Guardian of Air would be the fastest flyer.
Before striking their ending poses during the transformations, all guardians call out the names of their elements, except Will, who says Keeper! and later The Heart! in the first season. But in the second season she yells Quintessence!.
Cornelia became a Quinto-Guardian after touching, and opsorbing the powers of the Altermere. The five elements combining in one person released Nerissa from her prison. Cornelia used her new powers to turn Caleb human again, after Phobos turned him into a flower. Luba, who had accidentally created the Altermere removes the power from her.
Nerissa becomes a Quninto-Guardian, after she gains the heart of Kandrakar, but loses this power after Will regains the heart.
Sistar is the 5 Guardians fused into one, she possessed the powers, and abilities of all the Guardians.
Cornelia became a Quinto-Guardian which she was fueled by all five Aurameres the source of the Guardians' elemental powers over Water, Fire, Earth, Air, and Quintessence In N is for Narcissist, Nerissa tried to absorb the power of the Auremeres
Nerissa later gains control and manipulation over all five elements, when she absorbs her former friends into her Seal thus becoming a Quinto-Guardian herself.
New generation of guardians
- Main article: W.I.T.C.H. (Guardians)
- Will Vandom: The Guardian of Quintessence and Keeper of the Heart of Kandrakar.
- Irma Lair: The Guardian of Water.
- Taranee Cook: The Guardian of Fire.
- Cornelia Hale: The Guardian of Earth.
- Hay Lin: The Guardian of Air.
- Rebecca Rudolph: Not acquired elemental powers.
- Sixtar" all abilities
Previous generation of guardians
- Main article: C.H.Y.K.N.
- Cassidy: The former Guardian of Water. She was also briefly the Keeper of the Heart.
- Halinor: The former Guardian of Fire.
- Yan Lin: The former Guardian of Air and the final Keeper of the Heart.
- Kadma: The former Guardian of Earth.
- Nerissa: The former Guardian of Quintessence and the former Keeper of the Heart.
- No male guardians have appeared in the comics, nor the animated series, but, it may be possible that there have been male guardians of Kandrakar. In the comics, it is shown that there were teams of Male guardians in the past, during the Core of Kandrakar special.
- As the Heart of Earth, Lillian may be the next guardian of earth when new guardians are in need.
- If there have been male guardians, Chris, Irma's brother, could be one of the next guardians as the guardian of water.
|Guardians of Kandrakar|
|Quintessence · Water · Fire · Earth · Air|
|Heart of Kandrakar · Aurameres|
|Xin Jing · Four Dragons · Nymphs · The Oracle|